Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Future is here, part 1

I grew up in the 1960s reading the comics in the daily newspaper. Dick Tracy was still pretty popular then, although I dare say that it's so old that I need to provide some background for the young whippersnappers. Dick Tracy was a police detective.

So what does this have to do with the future? Well, Dick Tracy had one of these:

It's a two-way wrist radio - later a two-way wrist TV.

Well, look at what is coming soon to a wrist near you:
It's a 3G watch/phone, with built in video calling. Coming next month to Europe (I guess that the future's more advanced there or something).

So if the future's here, where's my flying car?

3 comments:

none said...

Cool!

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/flying-car-m400.jpg

Borepatch said...

Hammer, I just put up a second post with a flying car reference, and an interesting proposal.

TOTWTYTR said...

Can't I just get a watch that tells the time and maybe a cell phone that I can use to make phone calls?

I'm such a Luddite.