Friday, May 20, 2022

This blog belches carbon

Somewhere along the road, something disappeared from my side bar:


This is from way back in 2010, when Blogs were "the thing" and so the Green Nutcases were Very Concerned:

Oh, now this is rich. German greenies calculate that a blog which gets 15,000 hits or more a month (yay! we qualify!) pumps out 8 pounds of carbon dioxide a year.

 Hmmm ... rough math time: 15,000 "hits" corresponds to roughly 20,000 page views (in the old SiteMeter days).  I've been running about 4 times that for 12 years now so - let's see ... carry the one - this blog has belched 350 pounds of carbon into the atmosphere.

Sigh.  Those are rookie numbers.  Must up my game.

Or we can all just think it's a bunch of Eco-fascist nonsense by some very unsavory totalitarian would-be overlords who deserve all the mockery we can give them.  And so this will go proudly back into the side bar to make a permanent focus of mockery for the oh-so-mockable.

3 comments:

Paul, Dammit! said...

I like to think that I'm doing my part as I transfer 20,000 tons of heavy fuel oil to container ships in New York every week, which is enough to get 5 of them to China one-way, 5 being how many are unloading at just one of the 5 container terminals in the harbor on a given day. I'm not sure how many tons of carbon that is, but I hope it's enough to warm things up a little. I'm tired of freezing my nuts off every winter.

SlowWalker said...

Blogging ain't nuthin' compared to BitCoin mining.....

Ritchie said...

Come a day, you just might want all the carbon dioxide you can get.