Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Burial

Something happened 60,000 years ago in what is today known as Shanidar, Iraq.  Someone died, and was buried by his friends or family.


It's the burial that was different.  Before this, the dead were left to lie, exposed to the elements much like a dog pack might leave a deceased member.  But this was different.  Men buried one of their own, covering him with flowers in his grave.

This is considered to be the first fossil proof of when Man became Man.  More than Beast.  Aware of the infinite, and of our place therein.  No longer Homo Erectus, but Homo Sapiens.  Thinking Man.

Well, some of us.  Alan Colmes is not just impolite, he's presumably not homo sapiens.  He doesn't think, or he doesn't know about this basic idea that separates Man from the Beasts.



The fireworks begin at about 1:00.  Alan Colmes is an ignorant asshat.  He's since apologized to Santorum, but this doesn't change the fact that he's an ignorant asshat.  It's a guarantee that Colmes has never for a second wondered if the Santorums buried their baby with flowers, like that man at Shanidar so very long ago. 

R.I.P. Gabriel Santorum.  May flights of Angels sing you to your rest. 

Stay classy, lefties!

Hat tip: Mad Medic.

7 comments:

SiGraybeard said...

At one point in the past election cycle, maybe even '06, I heard Alan sound like a principled person - just wrong. I can handle principled but stupid, so I decided I respected him. That lasted until earlier this week, when I heard this, and decided he's just another party apparatchik. I will freely admit I might have been wrong all along.

ambisinistral said...

I saw that clip the other day. What's really jaw dropping about it is how he keeps trying to describe the situation as taking the baby's body home to play with it. Good Lord, talk about being tasteless.

Ass hat doesn't begin to describe him -- piece of shit is closer to the mark.

CoolChange©© said...

I hope this isn't too blunt, but that crap made my head hurt. I'm gonna get some aspirin.

greg said...

And good on Rich Lowry for attempting to teach him some manners.

Borepatch said...

It's going to be an ugly campaign season.

ASM826 said...

Really? There is just no bottom, is there?

Goober said...

I don't like Rick Santorum. He is a big government nanny-state authoritarian that wants to pass a faux christian "sharia" law in America that dictates to all what Rick Santorum thinks is a moral lifestyle (one which I think is the most immoral lifestyle one can live - a life spent telling others what they can and cannot do).

That being said, i understand that a lot of people are uncomfortable with the Santorum's decision to bring their still born infant's body home with them and do whatever it is that they did with it that evening. I even understand WHY a lot of people are uncomfortable with it. To be honest, I'm not sure that I am that comfortable with it, myself.

However, I am sure not going to question that decision, nor hold it against the Santorums, nor judge them in any way for it because, thank the good Lord, I've never had to deal with such a situation and cannot even begin to guess what would feel "right" to me in that situation. To make political hay over the actions of a man who had just lost a child is the lowest, most despicable form of slimy, simpering discourse, and I hope that he gets a red hot poker up his arse for his asshat-itude.

And finally, I wonder if Rick Santorum is catching the bitter irony in all of this, which is to say that a lot of people thought he did the wrong thing here to bring a dead infant home and expose his other children to their dead brother's body and so forth. in fact, many would claim that such an act is immoral and harmful to the children. My guess is that he won't catch it because he is so blinded by his surety that HE is the only moral one and what HE does is the only right, just way to live. He wants to dictate to all of us how we should live our lives and totally misses the fact that as uncomfortable as he is with promiscuity and homosexuality, a lot of people are just as uncomfortable with his actions after his child's death.

No one path in life is right for all, mr. Santorum. I won't judge you for your choices that don't negatively impact me, so why not try to return the favor?