Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mad dogs and Englishmen

Go out in the noonday sun.  Instead of getting up early again, I slept in.  What's the big deal, I said to myself, if I get to the Range late?  I mean, what could go wrong?

Even shaded, it's danged hot when it's 104° of Texas broil.   Quite an interesting challenge for your marksmanship, as you find all your strength has been sapped by the heat.  Holding steady takes on a whole new world of difficult.

But look at me complaining.  I went to the range!  Yay, me!

5 comments:

Paladin said...

I haven't been since my CHL requalification two months ago, I'm sad to say. Being out in it most of the work day kinda blunts my desire to do it when I'm off duty. I'm trying to hold out for cooler weather but who knows when that will happen at this rate.

kx59 said...

not to mention the sweat in your eyes. - brings a whole new level of blurry into the mix.

Anonymous said...

What range do you go to?

Borepatch said...

Anonymous, I go to Lone Star Gun Range in Lockhart. The rifle range is only 100 yards, but I can't see anything further than that with iron sights.

Even without the sweat in my eyes. ;-)

RobertSlaughter said...

I honor you sir, in that heat. But threats to family seldom check the weather reports, so that's another element you're now familiar with.