Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Chicks and Guns

Maura writes about her first time at the range:
Hand in hand with these changes has been the sincere desire to break free from chains that bound me. Health concerns. Detrimental bad habits. Hurtful thought patterns. Fear. I’ve made many changes in my life in the past 5 years to better myself. I quit smoking. I’ve lost weight that held me back. I’ve accepted certains truths about myself rather than fight them tooth and nail.

Today is a big step in that direction. Facing a fear that has bound me for years: my fear of guns. 

Today, my husband is going to take me shooting.
Seems she had a good time

Southern Belle used to shoot, but hasn't for quite a while. She wanted to start again, and signed up for a shooting class.  Pretty good shooting there.

Isegoria points to an article on how IPSC shooter Athena Lee got started as a young girl.  McDonald's was involved.  Cool.

1 comment:

Maura said...

Borepatch - thank so much for the mention. I'm completely floored by this community of gun bloggers. Welcoming, kind - and very supportive. I was fearful of guns for so long. Now that I've done it, I can't believe I waited so long to face this fear! Thanks again.