Monday, March 14, 2011

Blogroll updates

Guffaw in Arizona is an interesting name, which our host kindly explains:
I had a job once, years ago, as a chief investigator for a process service company.  Mostly locating people for process service.  The job didn't pay much, but, the boss was terrific!   He very much wanted to positively reinforce his staff.  I initialled documents with my initials:  GFA.  His reaction was to christen me guffaw, or sometimes chortle.  So, this weblog is Guffaw in AZ .  Welcome!
He's brand new to blogging - still has that new blog smell! - so wander over and welcome him to our little corner of the Internets.

Involuntary Transformation writes about mental health issues.  She brings a lot of sense:
There are so many things glaringly wrong with this post, it's hard to know where to begin.  I take particular exception to his characterizing, parents, (abusive or otherwise) of a person with a diagnosis of schizophrenia, as "unfortunate."   Obviously, if a person with a diagnosis of schizophrenia has abusive parent/s, it is not the PARENTS who are unfortunate!   If the person has unsupportive and /or controlling parent/s, who believe they are "unfortunate parents;" it is still not the parents who are "unfortunate," IMHO.   They are infected by the same kind of shitty, discriminatory attitude toward those with a diagnosis of schizophrenia which this phrase exemplifies.  The truth is, by having this false perception; i. e. "I am so unfortunate, woe is my sorry parent self," hurt everyone.  It seems to me, the 'parent as victim mentality' would place and additional burden on the person with the diagnosis, and keep the parent from ever being truly supportive of their son or daughter.  A minor or adult child with a diagnosis, is the reason they are: "unfortunate parents" after all...
That's Big Stuff, right there.  OK, it's Big Stuff in a (ahem) boisterous color scheme, but still ...

Tin Can Assassin is another new-ish blogger, at Nine Pound Sledge.  He's another gun enthusiast, but pauses every now and then to bring teh Smart:
According to this article, what used to take seven years now only takes 3. God I love the efficiency of the internet! Seriously though, I fail to sympathize. When DW and I got married, we made a pact with each other to take our vows seriously. Or, in the words of Jeff Dunham's character Walter, "You remember when you said 'Till death do us part?'" "Yeah." "When you get to be my age you realize you were setting a goal."

Marriage is WORK. Which is probably why most people nowadays suck at marriage, as they are allergic to work.
A Jeff Dunham reference not involving Achmed the Dead Terrorist (Silence!  I kill you!!).  We can call that "well rounded".  Heh.

The Shekel describes himself as "focusing on numismatics, and commenting upon current legal and world events, not to mention asides into the world of scuba diving and fine firearms."  A bit of a Renaissance Man, right there.  He proves it by asking the question di tutti questions.  Seriously, some choices are hard.


Welcome to the blogroll everyone!  I'm pretty sure that I've forgotten some other folks who've linked to be.  If you're one of them, please shoot me an email or leave a comment, and I'll add you here.

7 comments:

North said...

I don't mind you seeing those other blogs, as long as I'm still your special on-line photo editor. :-)

I'll be checking out those new blogs - they look good. Thanks!

Murphy's Law said...

We got a link to you over at Lagniappe's Lair, and Murphy says to throw him a bone.

Well to be fair, he always says that. He is a dog, after all.

Nancy R. said...

I've linked you, being blog-siblings, or whatever you call having the same blog-father. Well that, and I enjoy reading your stuff.

TinCan Assassin said...

Thank you, for the compliment and for the link.

North said...

I have you on my roll, too, TinCan. I like your blog!

Aaron said...

Many thanks for the blog enrollment and classy introduction.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the mention and for poking fun at my, "boisterous color scheme."

A quote for you:
"Marine Corps integrity is doing that thing which is right, when no one is looking." Col. Colin Lampard, USMC