Sunday, October 18, 2009

Blogger Bleg

Does anyone know how to get Blogger to give you a word count? It's happy to tell me that I've made 1850 posts* but it would be interesting to see how many words that is. My estimate is that it's around 200,000 (!), but that's just a guess.

Does anyone use Google Analytics? Does this provide that feature? No urgent need, just was wondering. It seems that I've been wandering closer and closer to uberpost territory, the last couple months.

* As y'all know, the problem isn't getting me to talk, it's getting me to shut up.

3 comments:

Paladin said...

I use analytics, but I don't think the have a word count feature. If they do, it's hidden somewhere I didn't think to look. Mostly info about how many people visit - what they look at - and how long they hang around.

Tangalor said...

Wouldn't work. It would fail to take into account the things you've copied and pasted, which would be... er... cheating, in that category. :)

Borepatch said...

Paladin, thanks. Do you like it?

Tangalor, I recall Tom Lehrer's song, "Lobachevsky":

I am never forget the day I first meet the great Lobachevsky.
In one word he told me secret of success in mathematics:
Plagiarize!

Plagiarize,
Let no one else's work evade your eyes,
Remember why the good Lord made your eyes,
So don't shade your eyes,
But plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize -
Only be sure always to call it please 'research'.