Sunday, March 13, 2011

What does an 11 year old look like?

If he's an Israeli Jew, he looks like this:


Hard as it may be to believe, this is the least graphic picture.  If you have a strong stomach, click through to see them all, including a 4 year old stabbed to death, and a 4 month old dead in his father's (dead) arms.  A whole family, dead.

The surviving family members have released the photographs for publication, that their deaths not be forgotten, or in vain.

Sadly, I'm old enough that it's no longer shocking that some people are willing to slash the throat of a 4 year old.  Even sadder, it's no longer shocking that the world is filled with people who will defend these actions, while simultaneously thinking themselves more moral than the rest of us.

You know who they are.  Me, when I see photographs like this, I don't just condemn the people who stick up for this sort of "revolutionary action."  I spit where their shadow falls.

The silence of the Press regarding the murder of the Fogel family is telling.  Somehow, I don't get the feeling that people who can't bring themselves to even report this, let alone condemn it, are people we should look to for a better understanding of our world.

UPDATE 14 March 2011 11:20: Here's the story of what happened:
On Friday night at 10:30 pm the terrorists entered the house through the living room picture window, did not notice the 6-year-old boy sleeping on the couch and continued on to the bedroom where they slashed the throats of the father and newborn baby who were sleeping there. The mother came out of the bathroom and was stabbed on its threshold. The evidence shows that she tried to fight the terrorists. They then slashed the throat of the 11-year old-son who was reading in bed. They did not notice the 2-year old asleep in his bed, but murdered the 3-year old with two stabs to his heart. After that, they locked the door, exited through the window and escaped. Exactly two hours after the infiltration, there was another warning signal from the same spot on the fence, as the terrorists left the way they had come. Once again, the patrol did not identify the source of the signal as infiltration.

The 12-year-old daughter returned home at 00:30 and found the door locked. She asked a neighbor, Rabbi Yaakov Cohen, of the Itamar Yeshiva, to help her. He brought a weapon with him once he noticed tracks and mud near the house. The two woke up the 6-year old sleeping in the living room by calling through the window and when he opened the door, the Rabbi returned to his home. When she entered the bedrooms, the young daughter saw the horrific bloodsoaked scene and ran out of the house screaming. The neighbor ran back and fired several shots in the air to alert security personnel. Within a short time, large police and IDF forces arrived and began intensive searches to see if the terrorists were still in the community. At 03:30 a.m., military trackers discovered footprints leading to the Arab village of Avrata.
It seems that they're celebrating this in Gaza.  Kind of reminds me of the celebrations on the West Bank after the 9/11 attacks.  They handed out candy there, too.

6 comments:

Raptor said...

I visited the Mauthausen-Gusen Concentration camp in October 2009. What I saw there will haunt me until the day I die. The people who massacred that family, they're no different than the Nazis. I've come to call that category of humanity, among other (less-publishable) things, Butchers.

When I left Mauthausen, I came to the conclusion that, while the majority of Butchers are overwhelmingly evil, there are a select handful who are good. These "Good Butchers" fall exclusively into two categories:

1. Dead Butchers.
2. Dying Butchers.

May the Butchers who slaughtered that family soon become "Good Butchers." And may their 'conversions' be very slow and indescribably painful.

wolfwalker said...

Me, when I see photographs like this, I don't just condemn the people who stick up for this sort of "revolutionary action." I spit where their shadow falls.

Anything that is capable of such actions does not belong to the same species I do.

Wabprepper said...

I have a three year old and a five year old daughter... Other than making me want to weep, these make me think 2 things. First, we are fighting against a religion that's stuck in the dark ages, it's fanatics are no better than animals. Second, it brings to mind the last line of the movie "The Kingdom". I just wonder if it will be us or them...

Anonymous said...


Anything that is capable of such actions does not belong to the same species I do.



No monsters, only humans. Ducking the issue won't make it go away.

Jim

Glenn B said...

This was a disgusting act of depravity. I too beleive it likely a certain type of person from a certain group did it, as in a Palestinian, but I do not rule out the distinct possibility it could have been someone other than has been reported as the likely culprit. For instance it could have been a homicidal madman of the same ethnicity as those killed, such as another Jewish settler. Hopefully it will be outed with certainty and the bastard brought to justice.

As for the news not reporting this, I heard about it on the news and more than once. I think it was on Friday but could have been yesterday.

All the best,
GB

Jay G said...

This is why my shotgun has a bayonet.

Just sayin'.