Saturday, July 23, 2011

Riddle me this, BigGovernmentMan ...

If the Bush tax cuts (and the Mortgage Interest Deduction, and the AMT) are "lost tax revenue" - money not available for our Government to spend on the needy, etc ...

Then why isn't High Speed Rail, and funding for PBS and the National Endowment of the Arts "lost tax revenue" that isn't available to be spent on the needy?

I mean, people are telling us that we need a spirit of "shared sacrifice", right?  Shouldn't the SWPLs sacrifice, too?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pfft. Sacrifice is only for the proles.

Southern Belle said...

heh

Mayberry said...

Politician = HYPOCRITE. Blast 'em all straight to Hades, the rotten lot. None of them are fit for hog slop, much less positions of "authority". The only authority I recognize is ME, and only to myself. Anyone who claims it over another has ulterior motives which are not conducive to the other's well being.

Old NFO said...

Nah, that makes too much sense BP... Can't possibly be true! Sigh

Brandoch Daha said...

My favorite hobby horse...

You've encountered the Progressive We/SWPL We, which is a lot like the Nurse's We, and the opposite of the Royal We:

The Royal We means "me". The SWPL or Nurse's We means "you".

For example, "why do they hate us?" means "Here's why I hate you". And "We need more shared sacrifice" means "Give me your money".