Sunday, February 7, 2010

Blogroll Additions

The Desert Defender is a public spirited fellow:

Long ago, when I first took up blogging; there was the Carnival of Cordite. It was something that I looked forward to every week. It started to die down and I started the Ammo Can Carnival which was an offshoot of my blog I had at the time, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. I had a blast doing it.

Today, I wonder why there is no active gun blog carnival? I can’t seem to find an answer to it. So, I’m going to give this another shot. The Carnival will cover posts from Saturday to Friday, and will hopefully be posted no later than the following Sunday. If anyone has any submissions they would like to include, the deadline will be Friday nights at 11:59 MST.
Stepping up to fill a void in the Gunblogosphere. Well done, sir. Bookmark him, and send him your entries.

And via Stephany (you do read her, don't you?) there's Storytellerdoc, an ER doc with an attitude. A good attitude:
So, as it turns out, Eddie's injuries were not a result of being negligent or careless. They stemmed from imitating the adults in his life, who were completely unaware of the lessons they were teaching him.

Eddie's situation got me to thinking in that deep, reflective way. How many times through the day do I, as a parent, verbalize to my children what I feel are essential life lessons when, in actuality, my witnessed actions carry more weight than any of my words. Actions that can be both good or bad. Conscious or instinctive. Helpful or harmful. Deliberate or unplanned.

Witnessed or unwitnessed by young eyes. My kids' eyes. Your kids' eyes.

Eddie ended up recovering quite nicely from his injuries and his family was very appreciative for his treatment and good outcome. They could not, however, have been nearly as appreciative as I was of the important lesson they reminded me.

Thank you, Eddie, the little big man. It's not everyday I get a life-lesson from a seven year-old.
Welcome to the Borepatch blogroll, folks!

As always, let me remind folks of my reciprocal blogroll: if you have me on yours and I haven't added you, please leave a comment or email me. borepatch at gmail dot com.

No comments: