Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Now I lay me down to sleep ...

If I die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.


What happens if the Lord doesn't take your soul, but instead sends it back?
I had experienced the reality of the prayer. I had actually died before I could wake. I continued in death for some unknown minutes and then was revived and kept in a deathlike coma for 13 days; a time that I, gratefully, have no memory of whatsoever. And, it came to me, I had died in the bed I was currently lying down in and thinking of this old childhood prayer. I had, without realizing it, gotten used to sleeping in my deathbed.
Thoughts on living, and dieing, and living again.

1 comment:

An Ordinary American said...

"living, dying, then living again"

Hmph. I experience that every April 15th.

--AOA