Saturday, February 11, 2012

Fisking Spam

There seems to be a wave of spam going around.  "Joann J.Prado" (who seems to be, like her friends, curiously short of white space after her middle initial) spams to say:
Hiya,
Hya.
I am really glad I've found this info.
I'll bet.
Today bloggers publish only about gossips and web and this is really irritating.
I hate it when they publish web.  That stuff stinks.
A good web site with exciting content, that's} what I need.
Well, and perhaps a spell check?
Thank you for keeping this site, I will be visiting it.
Oh, sweet Jesus, please don't.
Do you do newsletters? Can't find it.
Check under the tag Spammers should die screaming in a fire.  It's all there.

4 comments:

bluesun said...

I got someone the other day (who said they're in London) offer to be a contract writer for me. I, who feels like I'm having a good day when I get over 75 sitemeter hits, need a contract writer in London? I'm still giggling about that.

Dave H said...

bluesun: If a Liberal Arts grad can't get a job teaching or in government, s/he doesn't have many other options. Ghost writing for blogs is the last step before the disgrace of getting a real get-your-hands-dirty job.

Ruth said...

This one's new to me, but I had a "bulk chinese designer clothes at discount" email the other day, "we'll give your readers 20% off!"

Uhuh.

ASM826 said...

I looked, but even this post doesn't have the tag.