Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Glamor of Air Travel

It's pretty much all gone now. Up until now, I've consoled myself with the satisfaction of $200 tickets to go out to see Dad. After all, if it's really a 600 MPH Greyhound bus, your expectations are set differently than, say, First Class to Paris.

So what's with the ticket price going to $450? It's just a guess, but I somehow don't think that the service will be twice as good, or that we'll get there twice as fast.

It adds to an overall gloomy mood. I've noticed it in my posts lately, and while there are some things that I have a mind to post on, I won't. In fact, I'm going out of my way to post goofy/funny stiff. There's enough gloom in the world as it is.

I'm also taking a week off from Saturday Redneck. I just wasn't of a mind to put one together. Same with a Gun Pr0n post - just couldn't work it up. Hopefully next week.

But now it's off to see Dad again. Back later.

Location:Atlanta Hartsfield Airport

3 comments:

doubletrouble said...

FWIW, you were missed at the gathering tonight.

Here's to hoping Dad's not hurting beyond his capacity...prayers outward bound for him, you, Mom, & the family.

ASM826 said...

If you have gone west again so soon, my surmise is that you needed to be there. Stay safe and take care of yourself, too.

Anonymous said...

I'm not one for prayer, but I'll keep you in mind just the same.

Jim