Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Quote of the Day - Cluture Wars edition

While I'm traveling, I'm finding it much easier to be linky, rather than thinky.  As they say, if you're falling, dive, and I Want A New Left brings the heavy artillery regarding the Left's lack of reaction to Theo van Gogh's murder six years ago:
I never heard of any Americans during the Cold War who worried about what they said in public about the communists.
It's long and thoughtful, and the only critique I can offer is that he could have mentioned the Danish Cartoons, or Salman Rushdie, or Aayan Hirsi Ali, or many others.  The Left's deafening silence on all of these - or worse, their pathetic attempts to explain them away because of "provocation" - are all you really need to dismiss the Left in general as morally bankrupt.

If the Left were like I Want A New Left, I'd be in their club.

No comments: