Tuesday, November 30, 2010

An insurmountable opportunity

Blue Sun writes about an interesting turn of events:
Yesterday, I was given about 30 pounds of meat, probably two-thirds of it home-grown bacon, and most of the rest in deer sausage. What am I going to do with 20 pounds of bacon?
I'm sure that you'll have some suggestions for him.

And the post title comes from an old joke about a junior officer who found himself in a real Go Getter's outfit.  When he told his commander that they had a problem, his commander replied: Mister, in this outfit we don't have problems, we have opportunities!  The junior officer considered this a moment and then replied that they had an insurmountable opportunity.

Of course, my post title lied.  With the Borepatch clan, 20 pounds of bacon lasts about three weeks ...

3 comments:

bluesun said...

Yes! Please! Yesterday my roommate came in with another ten pounds of elk burger, and there is literally no more room in the freezer.

Anonymous said...

Of all the problems to have, an excess of bacon is one I think I can live with!

Jim

Phil B said...

try this - it should make a dent in the heap of bacon you have ...

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/

Yum yum!