1. What was your first car? Model, year, color, condition?Well, you know that this will be weird. I can't remember.
2. What adventures did you have in it, good or bad?
3. What happened to it, what's the end of the story?
I thought it was a Renault 19, but looking for a picture on Wikipedia brought me to the page where it says that wasn't manufactured until 1988. I bought mine well used in 1984, when I graduated from College. It might have been a Renault 18:
It was a piece of junk, and I got rid of it a year later and replaced it with a Chevy Cavalier. I was living in Maryland, and it didn't have air conditioning.I replaced that a couple years later with a Ford Taurus, which was a lemon (the dashboard lights kept burning out. It took a while before I found a car that saw eye-to-eye with me.
As to the Renault (which some of my friends in a fit of madness named "Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner"), I traded it in on the Chevy. I expect it found its way to Mexico, where it may still be running today.
I guess I shouldn't complain about it, since it was cheap and it ran. But it had a plastic interior that said la elegance francais the same way as that dude at the end of the bar in Lyon - you know, the one who hasn't seen a bar of soap since the American Army moved to make its assault over the Rhine.
But meme time is good time, so let me tag three:
1. New Jovian Thunderbolt, because I want to know what his first Zombiemobile was.
2. Uncle Jay, because I'll bet cash money his first car was a Zamboni.
3. Paul, Dammit!, because I expect his first set of wheels displaced 20,000 tons.