In honor of Mother Gaia, we're doing the following during Earth Hour:
The WWF sponsored Earth Hour has already come and gone in the Korean time zone, and the North Korean proletariat has claimed a stunning victory over its evil capitalist neighbor, South Korea.
Seems it is always that way.
- Eating yummy farm-raised meat*.
- Running 4 computers** and a game console**.
- Turning on lights in all the rooms facing the road, PLUS both front porch lights, because the street lights have been out.
- I'm considering taking a long, hot, soaking bath, because it will take 50+ gallons to fill up the danged tub, and I have a good book to read.***
Or they can just keep doing media stunts, and dialing for dollars. Quite frankly, I suspect that they wouldn't care if everyone lived like North Koreans, as long as their donations keep them in plush K Street digs.
You ask me for a contribution, but you know we're doing all we can ...
* Pork tenderloin, brined over night, seared, and then slow roasted to 165°. And some other stuff, but who cares about that?
** Yes we have more than this, because of course you need more computers and game consoles than you have people in the house. Duh. But running them just to run them is, like, wasteful. Duh.
*** Stones To Schools. By someone who, unlike WWF, is actually trying to make a difference in the world, not just pimp for eco-dollars. And yes, I got my copy direct from the author, which means that my money is going directly to what they're doing. Force multiplier, baby, that's what I am.