Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Today's declassified Techpr0n

... is the Flight Manual for the SR-71. From sr-71.org - there really is something for everyone on Al Gore's Intarwebz.

The definitive book on the SR-71 is Brian Shul's Sled Driver. Pretty cool job, if you ask me.



Via Don and Rick, via email. Don calculated the horizon-to-horizon overflight time, as viewed from an observer on the ground under the flight path. 15 minutes, which seems pretty long until you think that the bird is at 85,000 feet.

3 comments:

Weer'd Beard said...

Amazing Video! Makes me kinda sad to hear such an amazing piece of machinery being declassified.


Oh on a side note, I'm gonna do a little research on that convention scam we were talking about. The one thing I think I'm gonna hit a brick wall on is how the Scammer could safely retrieve the collected funds from a paypal account.

I thought you might shed some light on this.

Anonymous said...

That aircraft still looks like something from 20 years from now.

Jim

Old Windways said...

The undeniable coolness of aircraft like this is one of the things that inspired me to study aerospace engineering.