Saturday, November 30, 2013

Miranda Lambert - Gunpowder and Lead

This song is topical once again, here on Planet Borepatch.  Not only did I post a review of Emily Miller's Emily Gets Her Gun, I'm reloading at a secret off-site secure location.  Gunpowder and Lead are required for both of these.  'Nuff said.



Gunpowder And Lead (Songwriters: Miranda Lambert, Heather Little)
County Road 233 under my feet
Nothin' on this white rock but little ol' me
I got two miles til' he makes bail
And if i'm right we're heading straight for hell

I'm going home, gonna load my shotgun
Wait by the door and light a cigarette
He wants a fight well now he's got one
And he ain't seen me crazy yet

Slapped my face and he shook me like a ragdoll
Doesn't that sound like a real man
I'm gonna show him what a little girl's made of
Gunpowder and Lead

Well it's half past ten another six pack in
I can feel he rumble like a cold black wind
He pulls in the drive gravel flies
But he doesn't know what's waitin' here this time

Hey! I'm going home gonna load my shotgun
Wait by the door and light a cigarette
He wants a fight well now he's got one
And he ain't seen me crazy yet

Slapped my face and he shook me like a ragdoll
Doesn't that sound like a real man
I'm gonna show him what a little girls made of
Gunpowder and lead

His fist is big but m guns bigger
He'll find out when i pull the trigger

I'm going home gonna load my shotgun
Wait by the door and light a cigarette
He want a fight well now he's got one

Slapped my face and he shook me like a ragdoll
Doesn't that sound like a real man
I'm gonna show him what a little girls made of
Gunpowder and gunpowder and lead

5 comments:

libertyman said...

The exquisite Miranda Lambert, oh my, what a beautiful and talented woman.

Great tune and associated video. Just the right tie in with Emily Miller's book.

Reloading somewhere eh? Winter is here in NH and a fine to stay in and manufacture ammunition. Only 9 degrees here this morning.

libertyman said...

"a fine day to stay in"

Aaron said...

A catchy song, but it combines Biden's bad advice along with how to go to jail for murder.

Goober said...

I hate this song. It merely furthers and celebrates the common cultural meme of "abused woman as victim with the absolute right to dole out abuse and violence in return with absolute impugnity and moral standing. "

The vast majority of "abused" women are abusers in their own right. The woman in this song is no exception.

What logical person would conflate a slap to the face and being shaken by another person as free pass to commit murder? Certainly not a helpless victim. Perhaps a person who is just as abusive and her core is the person who she claims abused her.

Whatever happened to just walking away? Why did she get a "you GO grrrrrl!" When a man who acted in the same way she's acting would be considered murder and nothing less?

This is a horrible song with a Morally depraved message.

Goober said...

*a murderer and nothing less.