Thursday, November 7, 2013

A thought experiment: what if Mitt Romney were President?

In the dark of night come evil thoughts.  Suppose that Mitt Romney had won last year's election and was President.  What might we expect to see from his administration?  Other than more Gun Control?

I think that we'd see President I-saved-the-Olympics jumping in to make Obamacare "work".  Mitt is a fixer, and a fixer must needs fix something.  Saving a program like this would win him a second term, with a grateful MSM gushing on the "unexpected competence and respect for social justice" from the Romney administration.

I'm starting to wonder* if you could do a global search and replace here, substituting "Chris Christie" for "Mitt Romney".

* OK, I lied.  I don't wonder at all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Borepatch,
It is my firm conviction that Mitt Romney has never been in a fight. He rolled over and played dead when things got rough-and-tumble with President Obama.
He cloaked his timidity by saying that he would not stoop to being ungentlemanly.
A hearty congratulations are in order: he lost, just like a gentleman should, in a well-mannered surrender and capitulation.

Six said...

You called it a long time ago on Romney BP. I disagreed. You were absolutely right and I was dead wrong. Christie is Dole is McCain is Romney et al. I'm done with the lot.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

He promised to waiver everyone on day one, so... no O-Care.

AndyN said...

I'm not sure if he'd be trying to make the existing system work, or if he'd have tried to replace it long before it got to this point. I think one thing that's indisputable though is that since he wouldn't be married to PPACA the way that Obama and the Democrats are, he would have been open to honest assessments of progress as the system was being developed. I don't think there's any way he would have been caught off guard by the web site not being anywhere close to ready on launch day.

Of course, it's also almost certainly the case that had he been president, known that the web site wasn't ready and agreed to a delay, the left would have accused him of ulterior motives.

Goober said...

We be doing the exact same things we are now only with widespread Republican support and democratic opposition.

It really isn't that tough a thought experiment to me