Sunday, November 17, 2013

I was going to post, but it got lost in a rant

My goodness, something that started as a mocking blog post degenerated into something resembling, well, rage.  Damn.

I won't bore you with the details (and you can stop by tomorrow morning for the full spittle-flecked thing), but my reaction shocked me.  I've been sort of merrily cruising by on the self-destruction of Obamacare and the Democratic Party, and then a deep anger came boiling up from somewhere I didn't even know I had.


I wonder if this same sort of thing was felt by the ancient Romans observing the decadence and collapse of former greatness, looking on the frivolity of an Intellectual Class so hollow that if you tapped them they would ping.

Bless me, Father, for I have sinned.  Anger is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, we are told.  And so I offer up as penance a picture of a cute dog.  But one with a message for our day.


I shall endeavor to be more cheery in my mockery, as opposed to blackly ranting in it.  Promise.

5 comments:

waepnedmann said...

I know you rise early.
I will be up at 0430.
Looking forward to full-spittle-flicking mode.

waepnedmann said...

Sorry.
That's "spittle-flecking."

waepnedmann said...

I know you rise early.
I will be up at 0430.
Looking forward to full-spittle-flicking mode.

Old NFO said...

There are TIMES when one just has to let the big dog out... Looking forward to it too!

Spike said...

I'm at my office by 730, and I fire up the blogs by 8. I look forward to it.