Thursday, September 1, 2011

Go Team Me

Part the first:

Talking to Younger Brother, trying to fix Mom's computer.  He's learned the difference between "/" and "\".

I made that problem my bitch.  By the end, the problem was fixing me a nice grilled cheese sandwich and cleaning up the kitchen.

Part the second:

I'm back for a long weekend with the family at Hilton Head.  Glad it wasn't last week, though.

Maybe I can take #2 Son to the rifle range at Parris Island.  Not sure if it's open to the public, but that would be awesome.  Remember, that has a specific, technical definition.



Part the third:

I have Friday Gun Pr0n for all y'all.  But it's Thursday, so you'll have to check back tomorrow.

But I predicted this: except for two .22 rifles, none of the firearms we own are in the same caliber.  It's a strange combination of teh Suck and Made of Win.

4 comments:

Dave H said...

Variety is the spice of life! But I'm rapidly running out of room to store ammo. It's my own fault for buying guns that need ammo I can't get at the local sporting goods store. I have to buy 9mm Makarov and 7.62x54R online, and I hate to pay the shipping for just one or two boxes.

ASM826 said...

Parris Island is open to the public. Neat museum. Lots to see. Ranges, obstacle courses, etc. are for active duty personnel only.

Paladin said...

I'm trying my best to avoid adding yet another caliber to my list - buts its a struggle to resist the temptation.

I have several rifles in 7.62x39 and I love it. I currently have nothing that eats .223. I know damned well that once I dip my toe in the .223 water just one time I'll instantly open the flood gates and have to add 3 or 4 rifles in that caliber as well.

Dave H said...

Paladin: Depends on what you're looking for in a .223. If you don't want an Evil Black Rifle (which I didn't) the number of choices is a lot smaller. The only semi-auto I could find was the Ruger Mini-14, and everything else is a bolt gun.

I wish I'd gotten a bolt gun. They don't eat ammo as fast as the semi.