Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Six months of blogging

Technically, tomorrow is my sixth month anniversary. It's been interesting, and a lot has been unexpected.

Comments are teh awesome. I hadn't anticipated just how important these are. I've learned a lot from y'all in the comments you leave, and a whole bunch of them make me laugh out loud. Also, it's very cool when people comment. As Chris Matthews would say, I feel a thrill run up my leg when you do. And not in the icky Internet-stalker way, either.

Technorati seemed really cool at first, but not so much now. A lot of folks don't seem to use it, so the rankings don't reflect reality. I find that I never look at it any more. The Truth Laid Bare has always been broken, so I have no idea whether it's fun or not.

Sitemeter is teh awesome, especially after going back to "Sitemeter Classic." Hits are fun! I write because it amuses me, but it seems to amuse some of you, which is very nice indeed.

I seem to be a bit of a Chatty Cathy. This is post 642, in six months. But I can stop anytime I want. No, really.

This post is definitely filed in "get a life."

ClustrMaps is fun. If you have a blog, you should check it out. Eventually, I'll get the entire World Map covered in red dots, like some horrible Borepatch disease. Next stop - World Domination!

I need to update the "Best Posts" category more often. I try not to have more than 5% of my posts in this category (you know, only the good ones), so it helps to wait a week or so before deciding whether a post is good enough. But what I really do is wait until I don't have anything to blog about. So if you see a bunch of posts go into this category some day, you'll know I was bored.

Surprisingly, the "Best Posts" are pretty much my best posts. I'm not a writer - more like a spewer - but these are about as good as I can do.

Thanks to the folks who stop by, and especially the folks who leave comments. If you didn't, I probably wouldn't blog much, so you have Great Power. Remember to always use it for good.

2 comments:

Jay G said...

Congrats, Ted.

I'll have to disagree, slightly, on SiteMeter.

For an OCD like myself, it's crack. Deadly, addictive, and generally bad for you... ;)

Borepatch said...

I hear you on that, Jay. This was the first week where every day was over 100 hits. My lovely bride didn't understand why I was doing the Happy Dance.