Sunday, December 21, 2008

JFK Blogging

Not the president, the airport.

The blizzard closed Logan airport - well, it was the 50 knot wind gusts, which are unhealthy for children and other living things if they're in airplanes trying to land.

So #1 Son and I drove from Boston to JFK where her flight was diverted. Five and a half hours of I-95 in a blizzard, and we're on our way back. Blogging is (ahem) expected to be light.

UPDATE 22 December 2008 01:00: Back now. Maybe yesterday I was only 75% cowboy, but today I'll take the full measure, thank you very much. It's not about how you ride a horse, it's about doing what needs doing. Even if it's fetching your lovely bride from a distant airport and then snow blowing the driveway so she can get in.

There's a certain satisfaction at doing what your loved ones need, when they really need it.

2 comments:

Jay G said...

You drove to NY in this weather to fetch your bride?

Brother, you are all cowboy in my book.

Borepatch said...

I must be - I feel like I got throwed off a horse.

;-)