Sunday, September 18, 2011

Cool

I just figured out (translation: Googled) how to embed a Youtube video so that it starts at the point you want.  I had wanted to use the end of this clip in an uber-post that's going up tomorrow.



Great scene, but I want the bit at the end, about two minutes in.
Sherman McMasters: If they were my brothers, I'd want revenge too.

Doc Holiday: No, make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after.  It's a reckoning.
That starts about two minutes in, i.e. at 120 seconds.  So how to start the embed there?  Easy.

There's an embed string, that looks something like this:
param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-GREE8GdRrc?version=3&hl=en_US"
You want to offset it, so you add a &start=120 to the very end, but still in the quote marks:
param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-GREE8GdRrc?version=3&hl=en_US&start=120"
Presto!

7 comments:

Bob said...

Now that's a useful trick, and one I've wanted to be able to do for a long time. Thanks for sharing it!

Old NFO said...

Thanks I was 'wondering' how to do that... your Googlefoo is STRONG!!! :-)

Unknown said...

That is so cool! Thanks!

BobG said...

Thanks for the tip.

The Big Guy said...

Very impressive, young Skywalker...
Great tip.

USCitizen said...

I used you 'tip' on a video I posted - works great. Thanks

TOTWTYTR said...

Neat. The hard part will be remembering where I saw the neat trick.