Sunday, December 13, 2009

Blogroll additions

It's been a busy week here at Borepatch, so there are several additions.

From the Barrel of a Gun is familiar to many readers, with great coverage of firearms issues. Kahr40 was kind enough to add me to his blogroll, and shrewd enough to add me to his "Read Later" section. Incentive for me to up my game!

True Blue Sam The Travelin' Man is your go-to guy for steam trains. His "Weekend Steam" is a must read for folks who like the old steam locomotives. Hey, who doesn't?

Red Hill Kudzu hails from Athens, GA, which means that he doesn't have three inches of ice on his driveway right now. Some day, kdzu, we'll get back down to Georgia and some sane gun laws. In the meantime, I'll do what I can to help further your not-so-secret agenda: Cussedness will be the order of the day.

Welcome to the Borepatch blogroll, y'all!

And to anyone who has me on their blogroll, and I haven't reciprocated: please email me at borepatch [at] gmail [dot] com and I'll add you.

2 comments:

Ed Miller said...

Georgia's gun laws are much better than those in the the northeast, but they still have a LONG way to go.

I'm getting ready to move from Indiana to Georgia (for family & climate), and it is definitely a step DOWN in gun rights.

Georgia bans carrying at "public gatherings".

Public gatherings include, but are not limited to, athletic events, church functions, political rallies, all publicly owned or operated buildings and all places where alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the premises.

You know, the places where you need them most! :)

Plus, if you have ever been convicted of a controlled substance or other "dangerous" drug offense, you are barred from getting a permit to carry a handgun.

And although Georgia is supposedly a "shall issue" State when it comes to permits to carry, the law says that the judge shall issue the license within 60 days after the date of the application if no facts establishing ineligibility are found and if the judge determines the applicant has met all qualifications and is of "good moral character".

What is "good moral character"?

How many judges would meet that requirement anyway? :D

kahr40 said...

"Good moral character should be you pass the background check. Anything else is opinion and that makes it "may issue" not "shall".

Borepatch, thanks for adding me to your blogroll.