Saturday, September 1, 2012

Burl Ives - I Found My Best Friend in The Dog Pound

Some things are timeless.  Boys and dogs, and Burl Ives.



I Found My Best Friend in The Dog Pound (Songwriter: unknown)
The best friend that I ever had
when other friends failed me
my pal with the tail
he still came to see me when I was in jail

I Found My Best Friend in The Dog Pound
He's an old prisoner like me
who'll always be grateful when the dog catcher caught him
that I set him free

I Found My Best Friend in The Dog Pound
He's an old prisoner like me
who'll always be grateful when the dog catcher caught him
that I set him free

For one measly dollar
and a tag for his collar
I set him free

Oh, I set him free

3 comments:

Atom Smasher said...

He looks like a treat and a half. Congrats on giving yourself that new doggie smell again.

Mad Jack said...

My best friend was found on County Road V in Ohio. He's a better person than I'll ever be.

BlueEyedBaby said...

The worst part about living in an apartment is having to leave my dog at my parents until I get a house :( He's my best friend for sure. His name is Ruger ;)