Friday, December 4, 2009

Going viral

Boy, I sure picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue fly out to Albuquerque to see Mom and Dad. There seems to be a new meme floating around Al Gore's Intarwebz:
Attentive readers will recall it from here going on two weeks ago, along with the Climategate Blue Screen of Death. Well, it looks like people kind of like it, and are passing it around. I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell Clippy.

Sightings so far include The Daily Bayonet, Theo Spark, Kevin Baker (ZOMG! Kevin Baker!), and Don Surber (ZOMG! Don Surber!), and probably others.

If y'all see it somewhere, I'd be most obliged if you'd leave 'em a comment that points back to the original post.

I guess that's what I get for being a cheap bastid and not getting in-flight wi-fi ...

Still, my first Internet viral thingie! Yay, me!

UPDATE 4 December 2009 09:26: We have a sighting at Director Blue.

4 comments:

JimmyT said...

DB, I laughted at that when I saw it two weeks ago and thought of pilfering it for my sight but I passed (http://voicefromthenoise.blogspot.com/)!! What great work! By the way, it is never a bad day to fly to Albuquerque! I grew up there and my entire family still lives there. I am the wondering wolf of the family and live in southeastern PA.

BT: Jimmy T sends.

NotClauswitz said...

Congrats!! You got a glitch in the HTML back to the original post, a double http/ thingy.

blogger said...

JimmyT, it is strangely cold here today - Mom and Dad say it's the coldest it's been since they've been here (13 years). It was 68 degrees yesterday in Boston, and it's 20 here today. I hope it warms up a bit, because they light the Luminarias in Old Town tonight.

DirtCrashr, thanks. Fixed.

Kevin said...

It's been picked up in a comment at WattsUpWithThat and Bishop Hill, where most of my traffic for it has come from.