Thursday, November 27, 2008

Marketing FAIL


H-S Precision, Inc has the Worst. Marketing. Ever.

Sebastian is running a Photoshop contest, so here's mine. I'd add a reticle pattern, but (a) it seems kind of over the top, (b) I can't decide if it should be centered on mother or daughter, and (c) my Gimp skillz are weak.

If you have a suggestion, feel free to leave it in the comments.

UPDATE 27 November 2008 10:47: Looks like it's a Snowflakes-in-Hell-alanche! Take a look around, and leave a suggestion on improving the pic in the comments.

UPDATE 27 November 2008 11:57: This may only be understood by people who shoot a lot.  #1 Son helped me with his considerable Photoshop-fu, so here's a (much) improved version.


UPDATE 28 November 2008 13:46: Davidwhitewolf in the comments points out that I misspelled Horiuchi's name. Thanks. Fixed.

UPDATE 1 December 2008 14:05: Voting is open over at Snowflakes In Hell. If you like this one, it's #6.

UPDATE 2 December 2008 20:36: Congratulations to Tim, who won the contest. My entry came in second, so thanks to everyone who voted for it!

6 comments:

Cappy said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Excellent! But it's Horiuchi, not Horichuchi.

Borepatch said...

Gak! David, you're right. I updated the picture.

Weer'd Beard said...

2nd Place, Great showing, man!

Anonymous said...

Hey dude,
Love the artwork, is this yours?
I would like to start a Facebook group "Shun H-S Precision!". Could I have permission to use it?
Strickly non commercial.
?????

blogger said...

Anonymous, yes, this is mine. If you want to use it, go ahead. Please have a link back to here.