Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Kilted To Kick Cancer - Day 30: My Dogs are killing me


Nice collar!

The Silver Comet Trail used to be a rail line that went from Atlanta to Alabama.  As with much of life, it passed its usefulness and ended up abandoned.  But it was redone as a biking trail, and is now an outdoors destination for the ATL.  Like Wolfgang and a dashing (if unconventionally dressed) companion.

I'm keen to see how much we all raised - so far it looks like it's a little off from last year's total.  That would be a shame.  All month Jay, and Kelly, and all the Teams have put their dignity aside for a good cause.  I've found that it's been a wonderful experience, better than I had imagined.

And no, it's not because suburban hausfraus in the Publix parking lot tell me that they think it's hot.  Well, a little, but that's not the point.

This is the point:
This disease is cruel in what it does to the body; any military organization that did even a fraction of this to a prisoner would be guilty of war crimes.

Anger is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, deserving an entire ring of Hell in The Inferno.

Bless me, Father, for I have sinned ...
The cancer took Dad, and I'm still a little p***ed about that.  The fact that so many of you have donated means more than I can say.  For those who haven't, there's still another day left - it would be great to beat last year's total.  Remember, if you donate $24 via Team Borepatch, you'll get an autographed copy of my sister-from-another-mother Brigid's amazing Book Of Barkley

1 comment:

NotClauswitz said...

Nice shirt! Sheesh, I have slipped so far, don't even own a shirt like that anymore...or a tie to go with it.