Friday, July 25, 2014

Cheap technical education

#1 Son is almost all the way through his Cisco CCNA book, and we're getting ready for him to actually take the exam.  He still has a little trouble with subnetting/route aggregation, but that means he's not converting the IP addresses into binary (everything becomes simple then).

But as a reminder to my readers who may be looking to break into an industry that has high pay, if you are a bit technical this is something that you can do, too.  No need for fancy College (or the tuition for same).

Here are some posts I've done on the subject:

Why and how to teach yourself security

Free Technical Education

I, nerd

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your son should pick up a copy of TCP/IP Addressing by Buck Graham. Academic Press.
Helped me a great deal.

tsquared said...

I feel his pain. I just took the 100-101 ICND1, the first half of the CCNA, and I am working on the the second half right now. The subnetting is a PIA. Good luck to your son.