Saturday, February 15, 2014

Hank Locklin - Please Help Me, I'm Falling

No school like the Old School.  Hank Locklin was one of the early Honky Tonk singers, selling north of 15 Million records over his 60 year career.  He released 65 albums, which has to be some sort of record*.  Interestingly, he had a large following in Europe, and one of his albums was Irish Songs Country Style

He played at the Grand Ole Opry for nearly 50 years.  This video is him performing his biggest hit there.



Please Help Me, I'm Falling (Songwriters: Don Robertson, Hal Blair)
Please help me I'm falling in love with you
Close the door to temptation don't let me walk thru
For I should't want you
But darling I do

Please help me I'm falling in love with you
Please help me falling and that would be sin
Close the door to temptation don't let me walk in
Turn away from me darling
I'm begging you true
Please help me I'm falling in love with you

Hank Locklin was born on this day in 1918

* I'm here all week.  Remember to tip your waiters.

No comments: