Quite frankly, I don't see this as being paranoid. And remember, I was trained to be paranoid by the finest minds in the Free World. However, after years of:
- Hearing repeatedly that all men are "potential rapists"; and
- Hearing repeatedly that people who believe in what were not so long ago considered to be traditional American values are "potential terrorists"; and
- Hearing repeatedly that, srlsy, people who velieve in what were not to long ago considered to be traditional American values are srlsy "potential terrorists"; and
- Hearing that the NSA is collecting all the data on who you call, and who you email, and who you skype, and all the web sites you browse because you are a "potential terrorist";
- Hearing that the Fed.Gov knew about terrorist attacks and didn't stop them because of incompetence or Political Correctness, but still think that you are a "potential terrorist"; then ...
But I also look at the IRS targeting the Administration's enemies, and the Justice Department targeting journalists, and the ATF running guns to drug lords. And I haven't even scratched the surface of what's going on: INS traffic stops 100 miles from the boarder, TSA pat downs of Grandmothers and toddlers, "no knock" raids on the wrong houses. The bill of indictment is long indeed. The whole rotten lot of them look like they are maybe on the Other Side.
Are they? Five years ago I would have personally hand folded you a tin foil hat. Now? I'm not at all sure. Welcome to the New Normal. If you aren't wondering, you're not paying attention.