Monday, May 5, 2014

Who's up for an Austin meetup?

The great thing about working for a videoconferencing company is that you don't have to travel much.  But I've been so successful "exercising influence" the last few weeks that there are now so many balls in the air that something's likely to drop.  It's to the point that I'm pulling together a meeting in 2 or 3 weeks so that we can hash this out face to face.

In Austin.

Who out there is up for an evening meetup?  Date is likely sometime the week of the 19th, probably middle of the week.  Venue is open, although I wouldn't mind meeting out by Lake Travis, out of sentimental reasons (that's where my crib used to be).

In particular, I somehow missed meeting Cap'n Jan out there, and would love to fix that.  Plus it would be cool to link back up with Dwight, Pistolero, Lawrence, and the croud.

6 comments:

Old NFO said...

Sounds like fun... Sadly I'm on the left coast all week.

That Guy said...

I'd be up for it.

Aretae said...

I'm wandering up to Austin (from San Antonio) semi-frequently these days. Michael Strong is up there, and I'm working with him a bit on starting up a school. Keep me in the loop.

I'm out of town about half the time though, if it's not a weekend.

Cap'n Jan said...

Yes please!

You know what you like and crave, so pick a place and a time (and a date) and we will be there. I'll be wearing a pink camo baseball cap (from my favorite range, Best of the West).

Cap'n Jan
and her commander-in-chief,
Dennis!

Unknown said...

I'm in.

==Dwight

Lawrence Person said...

I'm game (though I don't think we've actually met in person).