Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The motorcycle diaries*


I was riding my motorcycle last weekend, and parked in a rather inconvenient and out of the way place (because parking was a nightmare).  When did Woodstock, GA decide that they were the new Manhattan and that no parking and $25 lunches were the shiznit?

Anyway, I walked back to the bike and was suiting up (kevlar jacket because I'm a wus, helmet, etc) when an older couple parked (illegally?) next to me and got out.  The gentleman looked at my bike in a rather wistful manner.  He struck up a conversation about how he used to ride, back before he got engaged to his wife.  He said that she didn't like it, and so he gave it up.  He clearly missed it.

We had a nice chat, and as they turned to walk away I said "It's not too late to start again."  He turned and said, "You may have cast the deciding vote."  His wife had the charm to laugh.

Me, I hope he does.

* If you came here by searching for Che, you do know that he condemned teenagers to execution and then enjoyed watching, don't you?  If you don't, let your Google-fu lead you.  He was a sick, murdering bastard who killed children.  Yeah, and a bit dreamy, anti-establishment for ignorant Lefties.  You're not one of them, right?

6 comments:

juvat said...

I'm so not looking for Che, it took me 5 minutes of searching to find the asterisk that you referenced. I was trying to figure out what the hell Che had to do with this entry. Subtle, you are subtle.

MSgt B said...

You are truly a Blog-Ninja.

Lure them in with the title, then smack them down.

You Win.

Borepatch said...

"Blog-Ninja". I like the sound of that. ;-)

Unknown said...

Most excellent.

Please remember - Che did it all for the good of the revolution. Of course there's no real explanation of HOW it was good for the revolution, but when you lead, I guess you get to make those decisions.

Escape the Cage!

Murphy's Law said...

Well done. Che was nothing more than a loser across the board until he fell in with some like losers pretty much by accident and they made him their king.

TOTWTYTR said...

I stopped riding when my motorcycle was stolen, well over 30 years ago. By the time I had the spare money to buy a replacement, the thrill had gone.

As to Che, he was murdering scum who got the end he deserved. Lefties always make the wrong person their hero. Ironically, those heroes would quickly eliminate said lefties.