Saturday, August 10, 2013

That's quite a friend

Erin posts a moving plea about her friend, Squeeky:
I am ready to record a dramatic reading of whatever you folks like, but there has been a lack of decision as to what this reading will be. Some folks have expressed an interest in having me read a Dr. Seuss tale, and others want me to read a selection from 50 Shades of Gray. I'm going to start accepting nominations for what I read in the comments below, and then folks will vote on the choices.
She's all in, putting friendship before everything.
Here's how you can help:

  1. Donate money to her surgical fund. Between needing a wheelchair and this new procedure, and then whatever expenses come after, she's going to need all the help she can get. Please donate what you can.
  2. Buy her a gift for Operation: Lymeparty.  Let's lift her spirits so she can get through this difficult period of fear and worry!
  3. If you live in/near Memphis, TN and are willing to act as a clearinghouse for physical gifts, please let me know!
  4. Spread the word on your blog.  The more coverage this gets, the more help she gets. 
  5. If you know anyone within the medical supply field, contact me directly. Squeaky needs things to make her wheelchair more comfortable.
Ours is a small corner of the Internet, but Erin shows that it contains big hearts.

3 comments:

Erin Palette said...

Thank you so much for doing this. I appreciate it, and so does Squeaky.

Old NFO said...

Good cause, and good folks coming together, again!

Heroditus Huxley said...

If I lived close enough to her (or she to me), I'd make sure she was fed when she couldn't feed herself post-op.