Thursday, July 18, 2013

Who's up for a blogmeet where we drive a tank?

Tank Town USA, 90 minutes north of Atlanta:
Tank Town USA is the ultimate heavy equipment playground and the #1 thing to do in Blue Ridge, GA...and possibly the world! Whether you want to drive a military tank, military trucks or construction equipment, Tank Town USA has it all.
Our team of professional instructors will put you in the drivers seat as you navigate our 5 acre course designed to let you test what these vehicles can do! It's a fun, fast paced, and exciting adventure for all ages.
This is one of my bucket list items.


There may even be a shooting range up there, and we could do not only a Tank meet but a blog shoot.  Any interest?

11 comments:

The Forgotten Man said...

I've had my eye on this one for a while too http://www.driveatank.com/ Just too bad neither lets you fire from the tank itself!

Arthur said...

Tank Driving($50.00/10 mins)
Car Crushing($499.00)
Tank Rides($50.00/10 mins)

At first that looked expensive, but 10 minutes of diesel in a tank can't be cheap. Hell even if you run the red-dyed farm stuff.

Dirk said...

I'd have to watch and live vicariously through those who did do the driving/riding, but I'd definitely be interested in going, especially if there was a nearby range, as well. Would make for a fun day trip!

I've been through Blue Ridge a few times on my way to/from the Scout camp near Blairsville, but I've somehow not seen any signs for this place.

Anonymous said...

Depending on range - and food - facilities, this might be enough to drag me out of SC for the day. Keep us posted

Glenn B said...

How nice it must be to live in the SA instead of New Yorkistan.

Chris said...

It's been almost 40 years since I drove a tank, but I'd love to do it again. Distance and time (live in MD) could prove a problem, darn it.

Old NFO said...

How about shooting the cannon, otherwise you're driving a bulldozer... :-)

Unknown said...

I'll be in Atlanta 16-20 Sept. Either the weekend before or after would be WIN for me. Then to Nashville to visit family...
Wandering Neurons

Dirk said...

Going by the pictures on the site, none of the "tanks" have cannons. They look like some form of APC, or even tanks from which the turrets have been removed, more than anything else.

And they do seem to offer bulldozer driving, too!

RobertSlaughter said...

I would be interested.

Angus McThag said...

FV432 isn't a tank!

It's an APC.

Grumble.