Sunday, July 7, 2013

"I joined the ATF because I couldn't get a better job in Law Enforcement"

That was the Quote Of The Day* from the blogmeet, which was way fun.  More than a dozen folks showed up, which is maybe an Atlanta blogmeet all time record.  The QoTD was my reaction to a lively discussion on the state of Law Enforcement in the Republic.  Cynical readers wiil be, well, more cynical than I.

The consensus was (a) a good time was had by all, (b) let's do it again in August, and (c) how about a blogshoot already in September.  I mean, we haven't had any yet and that makes Baby Vulcan cry.

And so leave a comment if you're in the Atlanta Area and you have a place you'd like us to congregate at for the next blogmeet.  I've been picking Roswell because I live there, but I'm open to suggestions to the next one.

Also, we're thinking about meeting at a shooting range in late September for  blogshoot, complete with stuffed children's toys and lots of interesting guns.  Leave a comment if you have a range that might accommodate 10 or so shooters.  And stuffed Teletubby toys.

Thanks to everyone who showed up, including long tome Atlanta blogger Billy Ockham who is a seriously interesting dude.  And the other non-blogger dudes (and dudettes!) who are also seriously interesting.  And why aren't you blogging?  You know you have an instant blogroll here.

* OK, it was from me, I confess. But everyone thought it was pretty funny,

UPDATE 7 July 2013 21:25: Thanks to Libertyman, I've updated the title.  Brain fart from getting up too early, I dare say.  Or just from being an idiot.

11 comments:

libertyman said...

Well, I will admit it. I don't know what ATM is other than an Automated Teller Machine.
I don't get it.

B said...

Perhaps you meant ATF?

TommyG said...

How about coming to North West Georgia for the blog meet? The 150th anniversary of the Battle of Chickamauga is the third weekend of September. There will be a lot going on inside the park related to the anniversary and a reenactment in McLemore Cove that weekend that will have over 10,000 people involved. I have several friends that live between the Park and McLemore Cove and any one of them would let us use there property for a blog shoot.
http://www.fortotourism.org/150th_civil_war0.aspx

mousestalker said...

I had a good time. It was great fun meeting all of y'all and I was sorry to not get to know more!

Borepatch said...

libertyman and B, thanks. Brain fart - what you point out is what I meant.

Borepatch said...

TommyG, that's a simply outstanding suggestion.

David aka True Blue Sam said...

If you want a September Blog Shoot, think about going to Reno for the Rendezvous. Three Days of range activities! Stimulating evening meetings with gun bloggers, and you might bring home a Ruger Blackhawk, a Hi-Point Carbine, or a surprise prize from Engineering Johnson; to be announced on his blog soon.

Old NFO said...

LOL, that had me snorting coffee... Wish I could have made it!

libertyman said...

So an ATF agent comes to your blog meet ?

SiGraybeard said...

I have to confess I was wondering about that. "AT F-up and Move-Up" makes more sense.

Anonymous said...

I'd be highly interested in coming down for a shoot in Ga. Unfortunately, my weekends in September are already pretty freaking full between Dragoncon, Outsidecon (geeks go camping!), and Phreaknic (local hacker convention).