Sunday, July 28, 2013

Oh, joy

US Air had a perfectly good airplane to carry us from Phoenix to Las Vegas. I know it's perfectly good, because it brought us to Phoenix. Instead of taking us on to Vegas after a mercifully short 60 minute layover, it's on it's way to San Diego.

Meanwhile, #2 Son and I are cooling our heels for an extra 2 hours. The new plane is delayed because of "bad weather on the East Coast".

Ya know, I remember when flying was fun.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

libertyman said...

Remember these are buses with wings, and about as glamorous now.
Remember when people dressed up to fly?

Old NFO said...

Then you are TRULY a dinosaur... :-) Travel safe!

Ken said...

A long time ago there was a lot of people, and it was fun to fly...

...but that was a long time ago.

I think I truly enjoyed flying exactly twice. The first time was the first time I flew, in 1977.

The second time was in 1992, in a six-passenger Cessna from Willoughby, OH to Spencer, IA and back. There were seven passengers, so I got to ride in the right seat for the flight back to Ohio.