Saturday, March 16, 2013

It seems I'm a sexist, oppressive tool of the Patriarchy

Judgy Bitch muses on the study showing that men who like big boobs are sexist:
Benevolent sexism is when men treat women nicely. ANY special treatment, like opening a car door, or giving up your subway seat, when done for a woman, by a man, constitutes sexism. Differential treatment on the basis of gender is always, ipso facto, sexist.

Unless it’s women treating men differently on the basis of gender. That’s okay then. No opening doors, you sexist, condescending pig! But I will totally let you carry that heavy box for me.

...

I really don’t understand the rationale behind wanting to live in a world in which people are not pleasant to one another and do not notice one another’s physical attributes. What is to be gained by defining men’s tendency to be polite and cordial to women as OPPRESSION? There is so much to be lost, obviously, but what is gained? What do we gain when we refuse to see one another as fully human, including aspects of our gender and sexuality?

Is it a question of all the fat miserable bitches making sure no one is treated with kindness because they themselves are not? There is another solution to that, you know: lose some weight and try smiling.
I've been so shamed by the Sisterhood that I shall offer a penance, and promise to toe the line.  As much as I can ...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I'm a man
But I can change
If I have to
I guess."

Old NFO said...

I'll keep opening those doors... The women "I" know still appreciate it... :-D

Unknown said...

Why doesn't she just get a boob job if we don't think they are big or nice enough??? Sounds like a win win situation to me....

greg said...

News flash: Men are human!

Sigh...I SOOOO hate how our society has started using 'traditional' as a synonym for 'evil'.

Whatever...there is always going to be a population of folks ready to be offended by ANYTHING. Life is too short to waste on them.

Sabra said...

Trust me, a woman can tell if you are being nice to her because you are a gentleman or you're being nice to her in hopes you get to see boobies. One is fine; the other obviously not.