Saturday, June 23, 2012

Musings on fatherhood

The whole crew is up in Massachusetts visiting friends, and so I'm hanging out here with Ivan the Terrier and Crash the Ubercat.  It's a bit strange to be here without the family for an extended time, what with being back from Austin and everything.  It does make the heart grow fonder, and as you all know I'm a bit of a sentimental old fool.  And so here are some of my finer moments:

Ramsgate, England.  Spring 1997.
#1 Son and #2 Son, having fun.

#1 Son, 1993.
#1 Son liked playing peek-a-boo.  He had a great curiosity then, that's stuck with him to this day.
#2 Son, 2008
#2 Son has always been my shooting buddy.  #1 Son will come once in a while, but mostly because he knows I like it.  Or because he thinks that automatic weapons will be on offer.  #2 Son just likes to shoot.  I need to get me one of these sweet Winchesters, and go shooting with him.  I mean, it's on The List and everything.

1 comment:

drjim said...

I just spent most of the day with my son. While we weren't at the range this time, I always treasure every minute we get together and just "goof off"!