Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Meditation

The rest of the family is leaving for the People's Soviet of Massachusetts tomorrow at oh dark thirty. I'll hold down the fort here (things are crazy busy at work). It'll be like FOB Borepatch, only I'll be at home, and will have Ivan the Terrier and Crash the Wondercat for company.

And so #1 Son and I are spending some quality time at the bowling alley. A funny thing happened when I stepped up to the line - the Appleseed training kicked in:

Aim small, miss small. The last bowl doesn't exist - there's nothing but this one.

And I'm killing it. Bowled a 155 first game, which is one away from a personal best.

The mental is to the physical as three is to one.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

Carteach said...

Ahhh Grasshopper... your journey begins.

RabidAlien said...

Heh. My best bowling score (somewhere in the 190's) was the night my ex-wife told me she was leaving. We'd already had plans to go bowling with friends, and since we were in Japan (she was still active-duty, on deployment, and I was there on vacation) and I had nothing else to do, I went along. Funny how those pins seemed to look like her boyfriend...

Old NFO said...

LOL, enjoy the training! It DOES come into play in other things too!

Home on the Range said...

I know you will miss them but enjoy the time. If you get totally bored and want to trade soup recipes again, give a jingle.

kx59 said...

Most individual sports are all about focus. 155? not bad. We've got a company bowling tournament coming up at the end of the month. Any chance you'll be back this way?
Soup recipes? now that's funny rat thar. Mostly because it's probably true.