Sledgehammer's Cycles

Sledgehammer's Cycles
Sledgehammer's Performance and Custom Cycles

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Do you miss Geocities?

Do you long for the days of blinking web fonts and (ahem) creative page layout?  You can find it alive and well here.  I particularly like the Chinese cover of Love Potion Number Nine.  That gets extra crazy style points for Geocities authenticity.

Hat tip: Bob, who always finds cool stuff.

UPDATE 9 February 2013 14:55: Internet Archaeology has a bunch of cached pages that give you the feel for what Geocities sites were renown for.  I particularly like #24 and #26.  That last one has unicorns, blinky fonts, and a goofy animated GIF of a broken hit counter (just like I have here!).

5 comments:

Glenn B said...

I could not possibly miss Geocities since I have no clue as to what was it. Pretty blinky site to which you linked.

Old NFO said...

+1 on Glenn, I must have missed that one... And looking at the link, no great loss! :-)

Steve said...

Lings Cars is a fantastic site! It's no easy task to maintain such a site. It has all sorts of fun stuff. Did you see the iPhone game?

Someone showed it to me a while back. It's not easily forgotten.

Ratus said...

Yes BP, but my aim is improving.

Borepatch said...

LOL, Ratus. I see a new snarky poster ...