Sunday, October 17, 2010

Borepatch 101

New visitors may find themselves here, via some unexpected twisting or turning that happened on Al Gore's Internet Superhighway.  You may wonder just who the heck this idiot is, who runs this joint.

You may be a glutton for punishment, and willing to read more.  That's what this is all about.

I have post categories on the right hand side of the blog - you might want to check the Best Posts category, because they're, well, about the best I can do.  But I've written over 3,000 posts by now, and have almost 150 in the Best Post category, so that would be a lot of reading.

As a (ahem) public service - but mostly because it was fun to do - I've collected several topic areas worth of posts, so you can more easily decide if I'm an idiot or not (BTW, don't forget to browse my Idiots category - it's free!).

Global Warming/Climate Change is something that I post quite frequently about.  I approach the topic from a merging of history and science, which is perhaps a little different than you typically find.  There's quite good reason to be skeptical.

Internet Security is what I've spent my career doing.  It's something of a passion, but often gets too geeky to be useful to most people.  I try to make things easier for the casual Internet user.

I enjoy shooting guns, and think that most Gun Control laws are dumb.  I lay out my reasoning in a bunch of posts on the subject.

The Internet is a strange place, and is making some huge changes to the political system.  It's going to take ten years before we figure out what it is turning politics in to, but it's going to be one heck of an interesting ride.

Sometimes, you just have to laugh.

So there you have it - a quick intro to me.  Old joke:
So enough about me.  Tell me what you think about me!
Thanks to my regular readers for putting up with all of this. 

1 comment:

Albert A Rasch said...

BP,
Always nice to get a directory... Least ways I now which way I'm going now!

Best Regards,
Albert A Rasch™
The Rasch Outdoor Chronicles: Afghanistan, Permaculture, and Beekeeping