Monday, October 28, 2019

Ten years of annoyance with the NRA

Well, I've been posting about it for ten years.  Sadly, it doesn't look like much has changed.

Posted on October 28, 2009.

Dear NRA ...

I signed back up when your folks called last night. Yes, I know that I let my subscription expire - I'll give you another try. I even signed #2 Son up, because he might even read your kids magazine. But now that we're BFF again, let me give you some advice.

When someone lets their membership lapse, you really should ask them why.

I even tried to tell your folks, but they weren't interested in much more than my credit card number. I guess that's what you pay them for, so I don't have a beef with them. But your membership department lost an opportunity for figure out why one of your members thinks he may drop you like alfredo.

But as I said, we're like totally BFF again, so I'll tell you anyway:

When I look at the legal battle around the Second Amendment, you're not a leader - you're a follower. Leaders lead.

So lead.

Love, Borepatch

P.S. Maybe if you can work to get the Second Amendment incorporated, we could celebrate! I mean, Mom and Dad might even let you come to a sleepover!!!1!

P.P.S. Lead.

8 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

In times past, I've even wondered if they were in cahoots with the other side to just fuss without either side accomplishing anything just so they could both keep raking in the money.

libertyman said...

Yes, the 2nd Amendment Foundation seems to be the ones who get things done.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Well, it's difficult to rescind a lifetime membership without suicide involved, so I'll stay in.
But they get no more until they convince me otherwise.
NRA Inc.

LSP said...

Well said.

Ritchie said...

So, just as many thought, the NRA is mostly a totem organization, performing, in its political facet, as a shot of "window" cast out of a WWII bomber to confound the enemy radar. OK then.

Bob said...

I've often wondered why the NRA couldn't offer members a credit union, our own social media outlet that lets us talk guns and even buy/sell them without censorship, and as part of the credit union, a PayPal-like service for paying for guns online.

Ken said...

NRA exists to perpetuate itself and enrich its leadership (or at least provide comfortable sinecures for same), just like every other established institution. If they win, who's gonna buy wine from 'em?

Will said...

The, at best, half-hearted effort to fight for the 2nd since they were founded is what is termed: "A Clue". If I had known that 3 decades ago, I wouldn't be a Life Member.