Saturday, April 30, 2011

Keni Thomas - Gunslinger

One of the problems with Country music is the fake cowboy; as they say in Texas: Big Hat, No Cattle.  Today we have a guy singing about gunslinging.  So what would he know about it?

Well, to start, he was an Army Ranger.  Decorated with the Bronze Star with "V" for Valor.  Served in Mogadishu - the Black Hawk Down situation.  You could say that he knows a thing or two about hot gun barrels.


Thomas is on the far left.  You might say that he's the Real Deal.  And if you need more convincing, try this:
Thomas is very proud of his appointment as the national spokesman for the Hero Fund (www.HeroFund.com) and the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, which provides college educations to the children of our special ops personnel killed in combat or training. A portion of all proceeds from Gunslinger will benefit the Hero Fund. Since its inception, the Hero Fund has helped provide for the educational needs of over 700 children.
You can buy a copy of Gunslinger from his web site.

Keni Thomas is the real deal.  You might even say, a huckleberry.



Gunslinger (Songwriter: Keni Thomas)
40 days, 40 fights
40 showdowns in 40 nights
town to town, in high demand
can't slow down. I'm a wanted man.

I'm a gunslinger honey
hunting you down
tell all your other boys
the man is back in town
gunslinger honey gonna
fire at will, taking aim on you and
I shoot to thrill. Gonna show you
how the west was won
lock stock barrel and a smokin' gun

Jessie James got nothin' on me
Billy the Kid better let me be
they think they're good
they think they're fast
I think they're funny
I'll shoot 'em last

I'm a gunslinger honey
hunting you down
tell all your other boys
the man is back in town
gunslinger honey gonna
fire at will, taking aim on you and
I shoot to thrill. Gonna show you
how the west was won
lock stock barrel and a smokin' gun
You're stealing my heart you're a love outlaw
You're the hottest little pistol that I ever saw
You got the moves they're legendary
Stick 'em up I'll be your huckleberry
(Image source)

2 comments:

Home on the Range said...

Thanks for sharing that. THAT is the real deal, indeed.

Daddy Hawk said...

Thanks for introducing me to this guy. I've never been much into country music, but that song was a lot of fun.