Thursday, April 28, 2011

The dangers of young love

Yankee Born, Rebel Heart confesses all:

I broke the cardinal rule once…but I couldn’t help it!!! I was in love…dumbstruck love…I am so ashamed…

I have wanted a Makarov since I first saw one in a magazine…I’ve gone to shows, picked them up, handled them, put them back down…it looked so small…wimpy. Yes, I know. 9mm Russian is not so wimpy. Big deal if almost all Eastern Block countries used them. I wouldn’t laugh at a huge man with an itty bitty handgun. But still…it was just so small. I just couldn’t get past that. I didn’t want to get stuck in the stereotype of small guns are for women. Then I saw an episode of “Burn Notice” & the Phoebe character was shooting one…oh my goodness gracious…I took it as a sign from up above. 
And kudos to her beau for taking it with a Gentleman's grace when she beat him out buying it.

Me, I've wanted a Makarov ever since JayG took me shooting at his club with his.  Sweet pistol.  And why you're over at her place, check out her post on how she got into shooting.

6 comments:

MaddMedic said...

No Makarov.
But my son bought a FEG PA-63 a couple of years ago. 9x18 Mak
Great little gun.
Accurate.
Fun shooter and I would not be against CCWing it,
http://www.handgunns.com/shooting-range/pa-63.html

NotClauswitz said...

She go girl! The dude has to pay better attention to le dance.

Hat Trick said...

I miss my Bulgarian Makarov. Had to sell it when I was laid several years ago. It's in good hands.

Hat Trick said...

Dangit, that's "laid-off".

Dave H said...

HatTrick: Good thing you clarified that. I was going to make a remark about shopping at the same place Eliot Spitzer shops.

Boat Guy said...

Bought an East German Mak some years ago in preparation for an assignment to a place where Warsaw Pact ammo compatibility was handy.
It was OK as a carry piece, 'specially when Barnul arsenal ammo was $5 a box for either ball or flying-ashtray HP.
Gave it to a friend for taking care of my stuff while I was overseas for some years. Now that I'm back in the land-of-the-freer I haven't missed it t'all...