Friday, December 31, 2010

Comment of the year

People are doing retrospectives.  OK, me, too.

In this post, I comment on getting my first gun, and of the psychological journey that ends in fully exercising your rights as a citizen, not a subject.  Guard Duck offers:
Oh great, we spend years telling people that guns are inanimate objects and here comes BP imbuing a lowly little .22 with the power to turn a serf into a freeman.

It's amazing how the most base of objects can be the 'philosopher's stone' of liberty.
There is no spoon.

1 comment:

GuardDuck said...

I am the king of the world!*1 This is one night I wish I smoked and drank.*2 I just want to thank everybody I've ever met in my entire life.*3 It's like winning the golden dude. A great honor. Before I didn’t have the chance of the Jamaican Bobsled team of winning… now I do.*4 I don't know what I did in this life to deserve all of this. I'm just a girl from a trailer park who had a dream.*5


Seriously, thanks for the props Borepatch, and thanks for working so hard to give us such a smart, insightful and entertaining blog.


1. James Cameron, Best Director, Titanic
2. Grace Kelly, 1954 Academy Awards
3. Kim Basinger, 1998 Academy Awards
4. Robin Williams, 1998 Academy Awards
5. Hilary Swank, Best Actress, Million Dollar Baby