Saturday, October 30, 2010

Repeal the Hyde Hughes Amendment, why don't 'cha?

But I'm in, too.

 I added a permanent gadget on the right hand side.  We could all use some more freedom.

But srlsy, how about getting rid of the Hyde Hughes Amendment?  There are both practical and moral grounds for this:

Practical: It seems that there have maybe been no crimes at all committed ever with legally owned automatic weapons.  Certainly not since the Hyde Amendment was enacted in 1986 (unless you call "getting your guns stolen from your car" a "crime")*.

Moral: It sure would have been something 2 years ago when everyone was buying AR-15s, if instead they had been buying M4s.  The Government and their running dog lackeys in the MSM would have had to change their pants.  That's the moral argument in its entirety, courtesy of Tho. Jefferson and company.

Hey Tea Party - if you really want to make a statement about the relative power of citizen and government, here you go.

* Probably is, here in Massachusetts.

UPDATE 30 October 2010 18:42:  Ben C leaves me a comment telling me of Epic Carelessness on my part.  The Hughes Amendment, not the Hyde Amendment (Abortion funding).  Mea Culpa, and fixed.

All I can plead is that I'm plumb wore out from fixing the Tank Traps at the Chez Borepatch secure perimeter.  In future, I shall endeavor to better proofread my posts.

4 comments:

Ben C said...

Hughes Amendment

Paladin said...

I'm in. Both for the SAF banner link and repeal of Hughes. I actually replace my "Support the NRA" link - which I had been meaning to take down anyway.

Hughes - An amendment put forth by a democrat, that was defeated by vote and declared "passed" by another democrat anyway.... and some people are still surprised at the antics coming out of Washington these days?

Some things never change.

Ratus said...

The only case i can think of is this one from 1988

"September 15th, 1988, a 13-year veteran of the Dayton, Ohio police department, Patrolman Roger Waller, then 32, used his fully automatic MAC-11 .380 caliber submachine gun to kill a police informant, 52-year-old Lawrence Hileman. Patrolman Waller pleaded guilty in 1990, and he and an accomplice were sentenced to 18 years in prison. "

Here is a link to some other NFA case
http://armsandthelaw.com/archives/2005/06/supremes_act_on_1.php

Boat Guy said...

Hand-held full-auto is largely a waste of time and ammo (though LOTS of fun!). Don't bother with M4's - let's got straight to M2's - as in M2HB!