Cisco has just jumped into the arena here, with a $10M security scholarship program and an security add-on to their CCNA program.
This isn't a College scholarship. It is instruction at a Cisco authorized training center, but quite frankly in this field nobody cares where (or even if) you went to College. The entry requirements for the program don't mention University at all:
If you're young and looking for a change of direction (or if you have a kid who is), you might want to check into this.Basic competency (one or more of the following):
- Cisco certification (Cisco CCENT certification or higher)
- Relevant industry certification [(ISC)2, CompTIA Security+, EC-Council, GIAC, ISACA]
- Cisco Networking Academy letter of completion (CCNA 1 and CCNA 2)
- At least three years of combined experience in approved U.S. military job roles
- Windows expertise: Microsoft (Microsoft Specialist, MCSA, MCSE), CompTIA (A+, Network+, Server+).
- Linux expertise: CompTIA (Linux+), Linux Professional Institute (LPI) certification, Linux Foundation (LCFS, LCFE), Red Hat (RHCSA, RHCE, RHCA), Oracle Linux (OCA, OCP)